Urban One is currently seeking an experienced Finishing Superintendent to join their Vancouver team. The Finishing Superintendent is responsible for assisting with the review of the project’s budget, schedule, quality and human resource requirements. The Finishing Superintendent will work in congruence with the Superintendent and Project Manager. Day-to-day decision making within the span of control and accountability will be made by the Assistant Superintendent using resources as required to accomplish the given tasks.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Successful candidates will have:
- Comply with and effectively implement Urban One’s Safety Program to ensure safety and environmental standards are met or exceeded
- Assist in ensuring interior finishes are completed in compliance with the construction schedule, control budget and contract documents as well as Urban One’s Quality Management Program
- Assist the Superintendent with the execution of the interior finishes in accordance with Contract documents, sub-contracts/agreements, plans, specifications and shop drawings including coordination and execution of changes to the work
- Coordinate with the Superintendent to direct, manage and promote productivity of employees on the job site (including trade contractors, suppliers, assistants and hourly employees) required to construct the project in accordance with the contracts, plans and specifications.
- Assist the Superintendent in preparing the weekly production schedules and look ahead
- Work with the Superintendent and Project Manager to ensure appropriate action is taken in cases where contracts, plans and specifications are inadequate to describe required finish details
- Review and enforce the trade contracts, scopes of work for discrepancies with project requirements
- Review drawings for dimensional errors, construction detailing and constructability
Experience, Education & Accreditation
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Architecture, Building Technology, or Construction Management
- Minimum 3 years of field supervision experience or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Gold Seal accreditation an asset
- Red Seal Carpenter (Journeyman) Certificate a strong asset