Working alongside the Senior Site Superintendent to ensure the success of the project, the Finishing Superintendent is instrumental in delivering a high quality product to our client on time and on budget. In this role attention to detail is paramount and as a Finishing Superintendent you have years of experience successfully closing out multi family high rise residential projects. This role is based in Calgary, AB.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with and effectively implement Urban One’s Safety Program to ensure safety and environmental standards are met or exceeded
- Assist in ensuring project construction is completed in compliance with the construction schedule, control budget and contract documents as well as Urban One’ Quality Management Program
- Assist the Superintendent with the execution of the work in accordance with Contract documents, sub-contracts/agreements, plans, specifications and shop drawings including coordination and execution of changes to the work
- Coordinate with the Superintendent to direct, manage and promote productivity of employees on the job site (including trade contractors, suppliers, assistants and hourly employees) required to construct the project in accordance with the contracts, plans and specifications.
- Assist the Superintendent in preparing the weekly production schedules and look ahead
- Work with the Superintendent and Project Manager to ensure appropriate action is taken in cases where contracts, plans and specifications are inadequate or contravene good building practice
- Review and enforce the trade contracts, scopes of work for discrepancies with project requirements
- Review drawings for dimensional errors, construction detailing, constructability, economy and long-term durability in conjunction with Superintendent and Project Manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Architecture, Building Technology, or Construction Management
- Minimum 3 years of field supervision experience or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Gold Seal accreditation an asset
- Red Seal Carpenter (Journeyman) Certificate a strong asset