Come and learn from the best! Join our experienced Estimating team and grow your career here at Urban One.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Reporting to the Chief Estimator, the Estimator will be required to perform the full scope of estimating duties from pre-construction bids through to completion of project.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyze plans, specifications, design drawings and other documentation to ascertain scope of work
• Liaise with client and consultants as required to clarify missing information, analyzing and identifying both the inherent risk and opportunities that the tender presents
• Review of the design and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggest alternatives
• Perform quantity take-offs and estimates for prospective work
• Prepare unit rate pricing for self-performed; ensures that estimates reflect current costs and that the costing database is kept up to date
• Compiles budget
• Evaluate trade quotations
• Assists in the development of proposal documents
Experience, Education & Accreditation
• Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma Civil Engineering, Building Technology or Quantity Surveying
• 1 to 2 years of related work experience or relevant technical training and experience
• Basic knowledge of various types of construction methodologies, project management models and financial management, as well as building codes, contract law and relevant legislation